Ms. Flippers agreed and they proceded to run down a list of their friend's and aquaintance's parents:
- A_____ his Mom is great, but his Dad? Ick!
- B_____ both his Mom and his Dad are awful. That's why he lives with his grandma.
- C_____ Dad is such a loser.
- D______ Dad is such a loser.
- E______ Dad is such a loser.
I was stunned. I know some of these people. Of course, I've never stayed over night with any of them, or gone on camping trips with them, but I have worked with them at school functions, chatted while dropping off or picking up a much younger Stubble...
They all seemed like such normal, involved, invested parents...except for the one or two who were just plain absent.
I know that the young have a reputation for making harsh judgements, but they can't be ALL wrong. There must be a lot of young people out there who are becoming upstanding, contributing members of society without the benefit of "two good parents".
What I hope for those young people is that they become the parents that they wish they'd had.